Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weeding the Garden

Well, George finally tried the Japanese weeding tool I bought him at Ginger Street.  

We were weeding the hill with all of the buttercups and thimble berries.  I tried to talk him into trying his tool, but no.  He was happy with his "trowel."  

I was tired, so I went in for an afternoon nap and left the gardening tool in the weed barrel, so I could use it later on.  He snuck the tool and tried it.  He came in, woke me up and said "That's really slick!  I know it's a guy thing, but the next time I tell you "no" tell me to pound sand!"  

I laughed and said "pound sand, George."  I'm sure glad you like it!  He smiled.

My tool is the smaller of the two tools in the pictures.  Laura sold out of them, but she's looking into getting more.  She has several requests for these tools.  I bought the smaller one, when she first got them into her store.  Then Laura ordered the heavy duty tool, so I bought one for George in the middle of May.  These tools go fast!


The black handled tool is George's.  I put these on a 3 ring binder to give you perspective
on the sizes of these tools.


The black handled tool is much sharper and made of a steel that won't rust.  My tool isn't as sharp and will rust, so it needs to be oiled occassionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment