Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Garden Projects Updated!!


 
We have cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, zuccini, hubbard squash, parsley and egg plant in these trays.

 
The garden shed!  I organized it yesterday.  I am pleased with how it's coming along!!

 
I just finished cleaning out the side yard.  I used my trusty Japaneese garden tool that I bought at Ginger Street.  It works MAGIC in our yard!  Talk to Laura and Joe about getting one.  It takes the drugery out of gardening!!!!

 
The weeping willow tree is 3 years old.  When Bob (our neighbor who does takes care of the grass) was going to week wack, George said "By the way - leave the tree."  Bob said, "Good thing you said that.  I thought it was a weed.")  YIKES!  I'm going to put a scalloped cement boarder around the tree.  I had to do that to my hydrangia.  He wacked it down several years in a row! 

 
The terraced hill has the herbs.  So far rosemary, chives, oregano, sage & mint.

 
The compost Tea is ready to go.  The large raised bed (back right) has onions and potatoes in it.  The front beds have lettuce, spinach, Russian Kale, brocolli, cabbage and more. 

 
There are poly tunnels covering most of our raised garden beds.
On the left hand side there are 3 beds covered.  (one poly tunnel - 2 in the greenhouse.)
On the right there are 4 8' x 4' beds covered as well as an 8' x 8' bed covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment