Thursday, October 2, 2014

Storage Auction Liquidators Desk with a New-Do

Last week we went to Storage Auction Liquidators, just to see the new stuff Deni & Chris had on hand.  There was a $20.00 waterfall desk without a middle drawer in the front.  I thought to myself "perfect!  I need a computer desk with drawers."  

I didn't buy it right then & there.  I just let it peculate in the back of my mind that night.  We went back in and bought it.  George seemed to have some misgivings, when I wanted it.  

Front View:


We love the knobs on this desk.  Doing anything to them, would ruin them, so we saved them for another project.

Top Views:



Side Views:




He said, "What do you want me to do?" 

I told him I needed a slide out where the middle front drawer should be for my keyboard & a sliding shelf in the top of the front drawer for my mouse.  He made those two items & sanded my desk down.

Then I painted & antiqued it.  The paint is a flat "To Die For Red" from Walmart.  I put on one coat, so the wood grain would show through.  The antiquing on the top is a bombay mahogany with liquid plastic in it.  


The after pictures don't seem do it justice.

Front view:  George found some beautiful brass knobs & put them on.  They "POP."

 There's a window that's letting sunlight hit the right side of the desk.  The finish is even....




The keyboard slider is only painted on the edge.  The rest is just stained Bombay mahogany.


Storage Auction Liquidators is located at 208 Binghampton St. South in Rainier, WA.  You can call (360) 446-3764 or contact the owners at:  christianhanson@gmail.com. or denigeiger@gmail.com. 

They put out new merchandise every day.  It's a wonderful place to explore!



No comments:

Post a Comment